Originally posted on the Narara Ecoliving.
Richard Cassels, bird enthusiast, archaeologist and ecovillage member, has enjoyed birds around the world, excavated extinct ones and been recording the living birds of Narara on a weekly basis for the last 2 ½ years. He will talk about “ Living Dinosaurs: The Birds of Narara, and what they are up to” at 2.15 p.m. on Sunday 31 January at the Narara Ecovillage. This illustrated presentation will be followed (weather and temperature permitting) by a short walk to actually meet a few of the feathered residents.
This is not your usual bird spotters’ talk! Additionally the birds are currently being informed that this will be the first day of 2016 for marketing the village, so they should appear in good numbers behave respectably and be available for photos!
Richard’s presentation is the January NELN (Network) talk that follows the monthly Open Day at the Narara Ecovillage. Admission is free to members of the Network and the Narara Ecovillage Co-operative, and to those attending the Open Day. For others $10 individual, $20 family.
Sunday’s open day starts at 10:30 for registration and follows as below:
- 10.30-11.00 a.m. Registration, tea/coffee etc.
- 11.00 a.m. Presentation and Q and A about the Narara Ecovillage Project.
- 12 p.m. Small group guided tours of Narara Ecovillage site.
- 1 p.m. Community lunch in Members lounge and courtyard, open to all.
- 2.15 p.m. Guest speaker. Richard Cassels. Living Dinosaurs: The Birds of Narara.
- 3.30 pm. Open day ends.