The NSW Government Low Income Household Rebate (formally known as the Energy Rebate) recently increased to $285 per year (indexed annually on 1 July) or $0.7808 (GST excl) per day. The rebate is paid in instalments through each NEV Power electricity bill. The exact amount of the rebate paid on each bill will depend on the number of days in each billing period.
If you meet the eligibility criteria below please complete the following form. NEV Power will apply the rebate directly to your quarterly invoice.
To be eligible, the account holder must hold one of the following concession cards:
- Pensioner Concession Card – issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
- Centrelink Health Care Card.
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card – (for recipients of War Widow or War Widower, Totally and Permanently Incapacitated rate or Extreme Disablement Adjustment rate pensions).
A concession can be claimed only if:
- The energy account is in the name of the concession card holder,
- The supply address is the domestic primary residence of the card holder and
- The energy account is billed on a domestic tariff.
The following cardholders are ineligible:
- Centrelink Child Disability Healthcare cards
- Centrelink Foster Care Healthcare cards
- DVA Dependent and Specific Conditions cards
- Commonwealth State Seniors cards
- Commonwealth Seniors Health cards
For information about concessions visit the NSW Government website at http://www.resourcesandenergy.nsw.gov.au/energy-consumers/financial-assistance/rebates
To apply for the rebate please download the following form (right click on your mouse )NEV Power – NSW Govt Low Income Household rebate form , complete and return with a copy of the relevant concession card to firstname.lastname@example.org.