Join us for a workshop on growing from seed with Andrew Dobson from Planting and Sharing. We will demonstrate different sowing methods and you will have the opportunity to get your hands dirty, with hands-on experience for each stage of propagation – sowing into trays and cells, pricking out and potting on, planting mature seedlings into the ground.
- Learn the best time to sow your seed
– Seasons, including adapting to seasonal variations in temperature and water.
– Lunar cycle, depending on our (human) use for each plant type
- Supplies you’ll need
- Three primary methods and what works best for different veggies
– Direct sowing
– Cell sowing
– Tray sowing for pricking out and planting into cells
- How do we look after our seeds and seedlings so they grow into healthy plants?
We want to share our knowledge and passion for growing and make it affordable for all.
Additional $10 each to take home some seedlings or for written materials
Directions: Park near the Coffee Cart and head north. Just past the Visitor’s Centre, take a right at the Playground and walk down the road till you find the Triplespan Greenhouse beside the floodplain.