Fountains Rd & Pandala Road
Narara NSW 2250
Calling all dirt- and soil- worshippers, cultivators, regenerators, composters and mud-lovers! Put this not-to-missed event in your 2019 dairy now!
Spread over two great venues, Mad About Dirt is a day dedicated to increasing appreciation of the soil that lies beneath our feet. Soil is the miraculous carpet of life that covers much of our planet- and yet we often treat it like “dirt”!
ABC television personalities, Angus Stewart, Tino Carnevale and other experts will share their passion for “dirt”, soil, gardening, growing, compost and climate. Also see homes built from earth, enjoy speakers, workshops and tours,
Presenters include Angus Stewart, Tino Carnevale, Simon Leake ( SESL, soils author), Prof. Mark Taylor (MacQuarie University), Peter Bacon (Woodlots and Wetlands), Permaculture experts and more.
All day: Shuttle bus from Narara Rail station- leave your cars at home!
9.45 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the Narara Valley High School, Fountains and Pandala Roads, Narara, NSW 2250.
- hear inspiring talks and join panel discussions with Tino Carnevale, Angus Stewart, and other Permaculture, Biodynamics, soils & Regenerative Agriculture experts
- have your garden soil and house dust analysed for contaminants
- meet exhibitors over lunch and visit the school farm
1-4 p.m. at the Narara Ecovillage (25 Research Rd, Narara -just up the road!)
- hear talks about soil science, composting and health
- join a Darkinjung smoking ceremony
- go on tours of the ecovillage property
- visit a permaculture garden
- learn about Central Coast soils
- join in kids’ activities with dirt
- see steam weeding in action
- see houses being built with materials from the earth – strawbale and rammed earth
- coffee carts, sausage sizzle at the school,
- cake and tea at the ecovillage