September Village Open Day & Sustainable House Day together!
- 9am Registration
- 9.30-11 – TOUR – Village Discovery morning tour
- 10-4 Livestream Renew panel discussions in Visitors Centre
- 10.30 -4 – Drop in OPEN GARDEN – Scribbly Gum permaculture garden and plants stall
- *11.15-12.30 – TOUR – Sustainable building design
- *11.15-12.30 – TOUR – Natural building at Narara Ecovillage
- *1-2.15 – TOUR – Small footprint homes
- *1-2.15 – TOUR – Food growing/permaculture at Narara Ecovillage
- 2.30-4 – TOUR – Family Open Day tour
- 2.30-4 – TOUR – Collaborative living at Narara Ecovillage
- 2.30-4 – TOUR – Village Discovery afternoon tour
Tours with * are an additional $10.
Your entry ticket covers:
- Free guided tours (but you MUST book your place – numbers are strictly limited)
- Drop-in Open Garden: Scribbly Gum permaculture garden and plants stall
- Talks livestreamed from Renew in the Visitor Centre (Please note: limit of 20 people)
- Self-guided tours
- Coffee shop: meals, snacks and drinks for sale
- Many village members and homeowners will be on hand to talk about the village and our sustainable homes. Look for the “Ask me” buttons, or just ask anyway! And please don’t forget your mask.
Free Entry tickets are available for NELN members (see below for details).
About Open Days
Visit our beautiful site and learn about our purpose and plans for Narara Ecovillage.
Enjoy a perfect introduction to Narara Ecovillage through:
- walking tours of the site &
- opportunities to meet members and to ask questions
If this will be your first visit to Narara Ecovillage:
- please check out the Open Day Preview with a pioneer member provides an introduction to the ecovillage and its unfolding story.
- ahead of the Open Day, you can also find answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Come prepared for all weather and walking on a rural property. Kids are always welcome. However please leave your pets at home.
We look forward to greeting you on your first visit or to welcome you again and again – and again!
Entry cost: $10 per person. Children free. Free for Narara Eco Living Network members.
- The Network is a not for profit educational and outreach body established by members of Narara Ecovillage Co-operative to promote more sustainable living in all its forms. All are welcome to join. Join the Network here
If you are unable to attend this Open Day we offer a monthly Open Day program – either morning or afternoon. Most dates are on Saturday with a sprinkle of Sundays.