Escape for a magic day to a peaceful rural venue in the heart of a new Eco-Village to explore what makes a sustainable yoga practice in a sustainable environment to create a sustainable life….spirit in action in simple ways both on and off the yoga mat.
Led by Mark O’Brien (yoga teacher and founder of Qi Health & Yoga) your day will guide you to explore truly sustainable yoga practices to suit YOU and the life direction you are taking now. It’s suitable for anyone regardless of yoga experience, injury or other “limits” often placed on practicing Yoga.
“SUSTAINABLE”: “causing little or no damage to the environment and therefore able to continue for a long time.” (Cambridge English Dictionary)
* Expect a (moving) morning and (gentle) afternoon yoga practice to develop techniques and manifest the “Self-Care” we so often forget.
* Expect to reframe why and how you “do” Yoga.
* Enjoy a scrummy vegetarian lunch courtesy of Candy Disch (anyone remember Candy’s Cafe in Manly? Yes the name behind that popular institution is part of the Eco-village)
* Silent forest walk and meditation in the ancient State forest and arboretum next to the venue.
* Time to reflect and connect inwards
* Chance to tour the newly-emerging Narara Eco-Village for inspiration how to live your daily life with purpose and embody the principles of SUSTAIN-ability back in Sydney.
It just might save your body and the world.
Mark is the founder of Qi Health & Yoga and has practiced Yoga for 26 years with well over 10,000 teaching hours under his belt. He is renowned for inventive, deceptively simple but inspiring classes that offer hidden depths to students of all levels.
He and his wife Nicky are members of Narara EcoVillage and are restoring the “Heritage House” there to be more environmentally sustainable and livable.
He holds Senior/Level 3 membership of YogaAustralia and continues to advocate for lifting teaching skills and standards for the benefit of all teachers and students.