On Saturday 23 February we will be offering a ‘hosted’ program of activities:
- 9.30 Registration and Refreshments
- 10.10 Acknowledgment of Traditional Owners
- 10.20 Welcome and Presentation plus 1st Q&A
- 11.00 Guided Site Tour (Stage 1 and Stage 2 land)
- 12.00 Lunch – BYO food and 2nd Q&A
- 1.00 How to Build a Healthier Kitchen for Your Family and the Planet: Free presentation and time to meet Druce Davey of Greener Kitchens https://www.greenerkitchens.com.au.
Druce will give advice on design and construction using environmentally-responsible materials and manufacture. Please let Lyndall know if you are attending and would like to talk to Druce about your particular needs: Lyndall@nararaecovillage.com. Druce believes that for every budget there are better and healthier choices
- 1.00 Children’s MADness: creating animals and plants out of glorious mud at the playground
- 2.30 Community in Action Walk and Talk (glimpses of building community connections across generations and through challenges)
- 2.30 Mini workshop: Making bath bombs and cosmetics without chemicals
- 3.30 Extra Earthship Up Close Tour: small group visit to Candy’s Earthship to learn how she’s been building her home to be light on our planet and the hip pocket. Book your place here: https://summer-2019-village-experience-weekend.lilregie.com.
- 3.30 Time to Choose: Options will include a visit to the bee hives, a walk in Strickland Forest, putting your tent up, reading and relaxing with a cuppa, self-guided exploration, a glimpse of Sociocracy in action or shopping for our shared evening meal
- 5.00 Preparing to Share: setting up for a summer salad-centred community meal
- 5.30 Sharing our Fare: all visitors and members are welcome to come and contribute
- 7.00 Evening Conversations: informal gatherings at the campground or Members Lounge where a short film or TED talk might be shown to focus our thoughts.
Sunday 24 February is an opportunity to slow down and simply join members and friends of the ecovillage in what they love to do. Members will post details of what they are up to on the Notice Board. Opportunities to be part of community life might include:
- Heart Meditation with Kerrie
- Gosford City Farmers Market with Sharyn
- Tai Chi with Meng
- Picture Forming about Children, Learning and Development: day care, schooling, school holidays activities, adolescents etc – Fishbowling welcome
- Scribbly Gum Food Forest working bee with Deb and the ‘permies’
- Morning Tea and yummy cakes (donations welcome)
- Enjoying our dedicated Quiet Space for a Listening Circle with Rob, Scilla et al
- Helping the Food Growing Group with the next steps in the Trispan resurrection
- Joining in with Children’s Activities
Please note this is a rural property. We recommend wearing enclosed shoes (not thongs or sandals). Please leave your pets at home when you visit the Ecovillage.
Tickets and Camping Bookings available here.