25 Research Rd Narara NSW
Join our Extended Open Day at the Turn of the Seasons: 31 August
As days start to lengthen, we are offering our seasonal ‘extra’ with an extended welcome on Saturday 31 August. Our program runs from 10am through to 4ish. If you are peckish or pushed for time and forgot the picnic, our coffee cart offers lunches, lattes and lots more.
This program is perfect for a first visit but there is the option to book an overnight camp site for a small fee. You can then join whatever is happening. Please let our camping host, Dan, (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you would like to self-cater and stay.
Saturday’s program includes:
- 10.00am Registration – $10 adult / $20 family
- 10.30am: Presentation – Introduction to Narara Ecovillage + Q&A
- 11.30am: Site Tours Stage 1 and Stage 2
- 1.00 Lunch Break and informal conversation
- 1.30pm: Toasting the Tool Library – official opening of our newest shared resource for members. NB Our Community Creatives will be in action from 10am at Farm Square repairing, repurposing and chatting with anyone who turns up!
- 2.00 – 3.30pm: Tiny House Tours – Check in with Chris and explore Mayflower
- 2.00pm: Exploring the Edges – walk with Trevor into the Strickland Forest and back via the Rural Lots – leaving from Farm Square
- 3.00 – 4.30pm: Global Ecovillage Network (GEN) workshop: explore how ecovillages address challenges by developing culture, social inclusion, environmental resilience and economic sustainability—and what this means for each of us
- 4.30pm: Day program draws to a close ….
Saturday night and Sunday morning:
- Evening: Those staying over are welcome to join in with whatever eventuates – dinner, campfire, film night, discussing, dreaming or drumming
- Sunday: Meditation – (early), maybe Tai Chi (not so early), wandering weeding (anytime) and celebrating both Wattle Tree and Father’s Days (all day).