Report a fault, raise an issue, make a complaint

NEV Power understands that from time to time customers may experience unexpected issues with their electricity service.

Who do I contact if there is an emergency?

For all life-threatening emergencies: Dial 000 for Ambulance, Fire Brigade or Police.

What do I do if I have lost power?

If you have lost power to your home please first check if the circuit breakers in your power board have tripped. This may have been caused by a faulty appliance. If this does not seem to be the problem or you are at all uncertain we encourage you to immediately report your problem to NEV Power by calling 02 4328 1588. If you make the call outside of normal business hours you may be redirected to an emergency response number.

For urgent issues relating directly to the mains electricity supply – Contact AUSGRID on 131388.

NEV Power will investigate the issue raised. If the fault is with the your own electricity system you will be asked to contact an external electrical contractor for assistance. NEV Power will provide assistance to enable you to safely isolate your system until the fault is rectified.

If the reason for the loss of power is identified as being outside you property NEV Power will take responsibility for engaging suitable technicians to rectify the problem as quickly as possible. NEV Power undertakes to provide you with regular updates on progress to resolving the problem.

Raising a concern

If you have any concerns with your electricity supply or your invoice NEV Power encourages you to contact us on 02 4328 1588 and raise your concern or to ask a question. We will make every effort to respond immediately to your concern or question. If necessary we will make a formal record of the concern you have raised and research and follow through to provide you with a response as soon as possible. In this situation we commit to providing you with a verbal response followed up by a more formal email response.

Making a complaint

If you feel that NEV Power has not adequately responded to your question or concern or you are unhappy with our response we ask you to register a more formal complaint. NEV Power will escalate your issue and undertake a process of review. We will provide you with a written response to your complaint as well as obviously doing our best to satisfactorily resolve the issue for you. NEV Power has a formal complaint handling and disputes policy. A copy of this policy can be accessed from the following link.

NEV058 Code of Conduct – Customer Complaints V1.3

The Energy and Water Ombudsman NSW is a free and independent service that can provide information, advice and assistance to customers.

Please note that, if you are not happy with our handling of your complaint or you wish to seek independent advice about it, you always have the option to contact  the Energy and Water Ombudsman NSW (EWON) for assistance or review of the outcome of your complaint. the Energy &water Ombudsman NSW’s contact details are.

Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW (EWON)

Freecall: 1800 246 545

Freefax: 1800 812 291


Email: [email protected]

Mail: Reply Paid 86550, Sydney South NSW 1234

Claims for damages

We try to ensure our work doesn’t have a negative impact on the safety and wellbeing of the Narara community. If you need to make a claim for injury, or for loss or damage to your property please commence this process by making a formal complaint as outlined in the section above.