“Eco Dreamers” seminar
10-star Eco Homes and Eco Entrepreneurs:
The Cape (Victoria) comes to Narara.
Meet Brendan Condon, Project Director, The Cape (Cape Patterson Ecovillage).
“It’s not enough for an ecovillage to go it alone”
Saturday May 12 2018, 3-5 pm at the Narara Ecovillage.
Brendan Condon, Project Director of “The Cape” (formerly the Cape Patterson Ecovillage) in Victoria, will visit Narara to present the story of The Cape’s 10 year development, including:
- A project that breaks new ground in affordable, replicable, sustainable home building
- The mission to create and promote new standards in sustainable building design and development, as a legacy for our children
- The story: The Cape, a 220 home, zero-carbon eco-development
- Designing and building 9 and 10 star homes
- Why the architectural plans for their high energy rated homes are free
- The offering of pre-approved and costed house packages
- The planning challenges of being an eco-developer
- The Community Garden that captures up to 3 million litres of rainwater and will provide $140,000 of produce per annum.
- The weed-reducing wicking beds
- The business partnerships that make the Cape’s development possible, including Small Giants (http://www.smallgiants.com.au), Sociable Weaver (http://thesociableweaver.com.au) and Archiblox Modular Homes (https://www.archiblox.com.au)
- The ecological restoration, and the landscaping company and its extensive seed bank that had produced its 30 millionth plant by 2013
- And more!
Hear from the Narara Ecovillage drivers, Lyndall Parris and John Talbott (below), how The Cape project compares to the Narara Ecovillage’s community-driven project.
Join in identifying the way forward for more sustainable development in Australia.
As Brendan says: “It’s not enough for an ecovillage to go it alone. We won’t make a difference unless we work together.”
This event is brought to you by the Narara Eco Living Network Inc.
Bookings: To avoid disappointment, book your place at the “Eco Dreamers” seminar NOW, go to: https://eco-dreamers.lilregie.com/
Admission costs $30, or $15 for members of the Narara Eco Living Network (you can join online anytime at: http://neln.org.au/join-us/application-form/).
Event Location: Narara Ecovillage,25 Research Road, Narara, NSW 2250.
Enquiries: Joan 0478 636 033 or email@example.com.
More event information at:
You can find more info about Brendan and the Cape Patterson Ecovillage Project at:
The Cape project.
Real Estate Perspective 2017.
Sydney Morning Herald 2009.
CSIRO Evaluation and review of Cape Patterson and ecovillages general .
Gardening Australia (ABC TV) story about Brendan Condon.
Event Champions for Narara Eco Living Network Inc:
Joan Cassels 0478 636 033.
Richard Cassels 0400 601 668.
Brendan Condon 0412 198 974.