As a customer of NEV Power you are classified as an On-Supplied Customer. This means that you will receive a higher rebate of $313.50 (was $258.50) a year to eligible long-term residents of residential communities (caravan and mobile home parks), retirement villages and strata schemes who receive electricity bills from or on behalf of their community operators.
If you receive an invoice for your electricity usage from or on behalf of your residential community, retirement village or strata scheme, then you need to complete a paper application form for the NSW Low Income Household Rebate and post it to the Department at:
Low Income Household Rebate
PO Box 435
Parramatta NSW 2124
You must also attach a copy of your most recent electricity invoice with your paper application form. Your invoice must include:
- the applicant’s name printed on it
- the applicant’s address printed on it
- the most recent meter read dates for your household (which must be less than three months old and have occurred within the current financial year for which you are applying i.e 2017/18 1 July 2017-30 June 2018).
NOTE: We cannot accept bills older than 3 months. For example, if you send in your application in November 2017 and you receive a bill every 3 months, we can accept a bill with meter read dates 1/7/2017 – 30/9/2017, but not a bill that shows meter read dates from 1/4/2017 – 30/6/2017. If you are having trouble receiving your invoice on time, follow this up with your community and send it to us once you have received it.
To be eligible, the account holder must hold one of the following concession cards:
- Pensioner Concession Card – issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
- Centrelink Health Care Card.
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card – (for recipients of War Widow or War Widower, Totally and Permanently Incapacitated rate or Extreme Disablement Adjustment rate pensions).
A concession can be claimed only if:
- The energy account is in the name of the concession card holder,
- The supply address is the domestic primary residence of the card holder and
- The energy account is billed on a domestic tariff.
The following cardholders are ineligible:
- Centrelink Child Disability Healthcare cards
- Centrelink Foster Care Healthcare cards
- DVA Dependent and Specific Conditions cards
- Commonwealth State Seniors cards
- Commonwealth Seniors Health cards
For information about concessions visit the NSW Government website at