NSW Govt Low Income Household Rebate

The NSW Government Low Income Household Rebate (formally known as the Energy Rebate) is now available to customers of NEV Power.

As a customer of NEV Power you are classified as an On-Supplied Customer. This means that you will receive a higher rebate of $313.50  a year to eligible long-term residents of residential communities (caravan and mobile home parks), retirement villages and strata schemes who receive electricity bills from or on behalf of their community operators.

NEV Power has been notified that our customers are now eligible for this rebate.

You can now apply on line or you can apply by post. For all the information on how to apply please use the following link.

NSW Govt Low Income Household rebate

You will need a copy of your most recent electricity invoice which must be less than three months old and have occurred within the current financial year for which you are applying. 


To be eligible, the account holder must hold one of the following concession cards:

  • Pensioner Concession Card – issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
  • Centrelink Health Care Card.
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card – (for recipients of War Widow or War Widower, Totally and Permanently Incapacitated rate or Extreme Disablement Adjustment rate pensions).

A concession can be claimed only if:

  • The energy account is in the name of the concession card holder,
  • The supply address is the domestic primary residence of the card holder and
  • The energy account is billed on a domestic tariff.

The following cardholders are ineligible:

  • Centrelink Child Disability Healthcare cards
  • Centrelink Foster Care Healthcare cards
  • DVA Dependent and Specific Conditions cards
  • Commonwealth State Seniors cards
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health cards