How do I report a fault, raise a concern or make a complaint

NEV Water understands that from time to time customers may experience unexpected issues with their water or sewage service.

Reporting a fault

If you become aware of any blockage or leak on your property we encourage you to immediately report this problem to NEV Water by calling 02 4328 1588. If you make the call outside of normal business hours you may be redirected to an emergency response number.

NEV Water will investigate the issue raised. If the fault is with the your own water or sewage plumbing you will be asked to contact an external plumbing service for assistance. NEV Water will provide assistance to enable you to turn off your water supply at the meter until the fault is rectified.

If the leak or fault is identified as being outside you property NEV Water will take responsibility for engaging suitable technicians to rectify the problem as quickly as possible. NEV Water undertakes to provide you with regular updates on progress to resolving the problem.

Raising a concern

If you have any concerns with your water or sewage supply or your invoice NEV Water encourages you to contact us on 02 4328 1588 and raise your concern or to ask a question. We will make every effort to respond immediately to your concern or question. If necessary we will make a formal record of the concern you have raised and research and follow through to provide you with a response as soon as possible. In this situation we commit to providing you with a verbal response followed up by a more formal email response.

Making a complaint

If you feel that NEV Water has not adequately responded to your question or concern or you are unhappy with our response we ask you to register a more formal complaint. NEV Water will escalate your issue and undertake a process of review. We will provide you with a written response to your complaint as well as obviously doing our best to satisfactorily resolve the issue for you. NEV Water has a formal complaint handling a disputes policy. A copy of this policy can be accessed from the following link.   NEV058 Code of Conduct – Customer Complaints V1.1 

If you are unhappy with the resolution to your complaint you have the opportunity of raising this with the Energy and Water Ombudsman NSW (EWON). You can call them on 1800 246545 or find more information on their website.   EWON – Making a complaint

Claims for damages

We try to ensure our work doesn’t have a negative impact on the safety and wellbeing of the Narara community. If you need to make a claim for injury, or for loss or damage to your property please commence this process by making a formal complaint as outlined in the section above.

To print this page click – NEV Water – Your account – How do I report a fault, raise a concern or make a complaint – March 2018